I keep on thinking about those poor students at Virginia Tech. But I have spent more time thinking about the killer. When I think about it, I feel like killer was just reacting to a fucked up system of policy, and was tired of being written off. I'm going to quote him with the disclaimer that I am not promoting his behavior, but just analyzing it (from a very subjective vantage point).
"You had a hundred billion chances and ways to have avoided today, but you decided to spill my blood. You forced me into a corner and gave me only one option. The decision was yours. Now you have blood on your hands that will never wash off.''
"Your golden necklaces weren't enough, you snobs. Your trust funds wasn't enough. Your vodka and cognac wasn't enough. All your debaucheries weren't enough. Those weren't enough to fulfill your hedonistic needs. You had everything.''
"You have vandalized my heart, raped my soul and torched my conscience. You thought it was one pathetic boy's life you were extinguishing. Thanks to you, I die like Jesus Christ, to inspire generations of the weak and the defenseless people.''
Obviously his values are "distorted" from those of the societal norm, and I wonder where along the timeline of his life he began to lose trust.
Look at the way the system treats "loners" and "strange" individuals. Besides, in America the Economic Great, you are a dollar sign, a symbol of profit, a number to be passed through the system with the incentive that maybe, if you keep it up, you'll get that office with the bay window that you have always wanted....
He just couldn't take it anymore.
The answer is right in front of us. I think he points it out quite clearly what the problem is. However, we will just point our fingers at each other or some thing that is irrelevant. No one will accept responsibility, and nothing will change.
Too bad...
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Bottle up and explode!
at
12:20 AM
·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment