I live in a house that has been divided into four apartments. Each apartment has two bedrooms, and everyone I have met who lives here has been nice (seemingly). In the basement I am fortunate enough to have access to a washer and dryer, something that was lacking at my last living arrangement. Sharing the washer and dryer with the other tenents has not been a problem, until today. Someone thought that it would be a good idea to take my wet clothes out of the washer and throw them in my dirty clothes hamper. They also took my clean, dry clothes out of the dryer and put them on top of the dirty dryer, and went ahead and used the machines to wash their clothes. They never came knocking on my door; they never came asking if I could move my stuff. Now, I would understand the motivation of their behavior if I would have left my clothes sitting around for a day, but I left them there for about two hours (which is pretty standard for everyone who lives here). Uhg, so I'm just sort of irritated about the whole thing. I hope to god that whoever fucked with my shit has the courtosey to put my wet clothes in the dryer after he/she is done.
What I really want to do is take their clothes out of the dryer and throw them all over the room. It would be funny, but it would be imatture and unneccesary. I've always been proud of my ability to remain passive, but sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I didn't take bullshit from people.
On an unrelated note, the Great Smoky Mountains have the largest population of bears per square mile in the United States. I hope that if we run into one that Steve doesn't stop and try to take pictures (with the flash on) like he did on Isle Royale to the angry moose. If the bear attacks us, I'll just push it back with my mind. It's possible, really!



0 comments:
Post a Comment