As you may or may not know, Steve and I were involved in a car accident on our way home from North Carolina last Saturday. We are both fine, however Steve's car is destroyed.
Here's what happened: we were heading northbound on I-75 about halfway into Kentucky when it started to rain, hard. As I started to slow down, we came over a hill to find a number of cars stopped because a vehicle had rolled about 300 feet in front of them. When I hit the breaks, the car started to hydroplane and we slid for about 200 feet into the back of a Dodge Ram at about 55-60 mph. We were both wearing our seatbelts, and the airbags deployed; my life was saved because of these two technologies.
We were lucky to walk away with minor bruises from the seatbelt and airbag. Behind us, a semi-truck had stopped in order to avoid hitting us, and a convertable had slid underneath his tail end. It took medical personel about 2 hours to remove the people from the vehicle and take them to the emergency room. We were 1 of 17 cars to crash within a 6 mile stretch of I-75. Click here to see a picture of Steve's car.
Life can change fast. This is an example of an unaviodable tragity. This accident would have happened to anyone. We were just in the wrong place at the right time, and we are fortunate to be alive.
The great state of Kentucky was nice enough to hook Steve and I up with a free hotel room while my parents drove from Harbor Springs to pick us up.
It feels good to be back in Kalamazoo...
Monday, May 7, 2007
Holy crow!
at
11:03 AM
·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Very interesting blog!
Where is your PC?
It is on a tidy or untidy table?
Please, send me the photos of your pc tables.
We'll publish them all!
Bye bye
Post a Comment