Thursday, May 10, 2007

They will give anyone a degree/honor/job etc.

·

Western Michigan University is ranked something like 67th among the nation's public universities. It's not a bad number, but I often wonder what criteria and modes of measurement are used to rank colleges. It certainly cannot be based on who the college lets in, and who they deny. If this were the case, WMU would be ranked, well, a lot lower than 67. Somewhere near 1,000 maybe, due to the idocy of the people I often deal with, moreso recently.

I take pride in attending WMU. You won't find a town quite like Kalamazoo, and I dare you to find a better behavior analysis program. But as soon as I step out of the psychology department and into the open campus (or the buisness college), I am bombarded with behaviors of individuals that make prospective students squirm.

What behaviors? Well, in the interest of being as vauge and as insulting as possible, pretty much all behaviors associated with "being" and "living" drive me crazy. So in that case, being in my line of sight makes me irritated.

I'm a big "first impressions" kind of guy. So it's important to hit it off well with me, or I will probably dislike you forever.

The United States is pissing me off. The people who occupy these borders make me cringe, and the sour apples of that bunch have all congregated on Fraternity Village Drive, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008.

In the words of a wise man, one of the few people I have come to respect at WMU, "At the end of my rants, I feel morally and intellectually obligated say, 'This is only my humble opinion, and I could be wrong…ah…but probably not.'"

Dig it.

0 comments: