Well my classes are going to be what I like to call "a treat". Not in a negative way, but in one of those "gosh this will be like something from the future". I am still trying to figure out what intellectual level the Kiwis are at. My philosophy of science class will probably be the most difficult paper (over here they call classes "papers) I will have.
I have a mid-semester break coming up at the end of August. I am either going to make my way to the top of New Zealand to hike around the Cape Reinga region, or do the Lake Waikaremoana Great Walk (one of the top hikes in NZ). At Cape Reinga, it's a matter of hiking while the tides are low, and at Lake Waikaremoana it's contingent on the rather unpredictable weather (It will be like hiking in February back home). So I'm not sure what I am going to do. I will probably have time to do both. Who knows.
Another tramp I am looking at is the Milford Sound tramp. It is the most popular tramp in New Zealand, and is considered to be one of the best in the world. You have to book it months in advance, so I need to get on top of that as soon as possible. Unfortunately, I haven't really met anyone who has a similar desire to do nothing but backback for two months. Everyone wants to travel to Fiji, go to Australia, or take up residence in a surf town. I am a little uneasy about backpacking alone. The good thing, however, about the Milford Sound tramp is that I will be accompanied by about 30 other people each night in the huts that are managed by the Department of Conservation. I wouldn't be alone per say, but I would be on my own... unless someone comes to visit me?!?!?!?!
Monday, July 9, 2007
What is science?
at
11:10 PM
·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment