Last night I found out that Steely Dan will be playing in NZ sometime soon. Curious about catching the late greats in this fair country, I looked into ticket prices. $96 for a single ticket! Shit. I saw Steely Dan for $20 back in Michigan.
And that reminds me of that weekend... everyone was partying on Friday night. Paul was in town, and we were at Jesse's apartment listening to speed metal and drinking Ice House (naturally). I think Christine mentioned that there was a Steely Dan concert at the DTE the following day. Ecstatic and completely wasted, we purchased tickets.
The next morning we woke up hung over, sick, and without a clue of what happened the previous night. Lucky for us, Lizzy had printed out a confirmation receipt of our ticket purchase. "Oh shit!" we said. "It looks like we've got to go to Detroit tonight..." And we did, and it was great.
Good times no doubt.
I've got two hikes planned for this weekend.
The first one (see map) is with the Hamilton Tramping Club on Sunday. I'm excited about meeting the group and catching wind on the secrets of hiking in New Zealand. Before that, tomorrow Kel and I will be staying here, weather permitting. Gotta hike, gotta hike... I'll take pictures and remember to charge up my camera before I leave. Wooord
Wednesday, August 1, 2007
Katy Lied
at
7:09 PM
·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment