Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Good Eye, Sniper

·

Thank you for the feedback on my writing. I would like to mention, however, that the conclusion of yesterday's writing is not necessarily the conclusion of a chapter or story. I stopped writing because I was bored. It is anti-climatic; it's moving somewhere though (I just don't know where yet). So with that in mind, just wait for more to come.

Moving on, I thought that it would be nice to profile a famous New Zealand citizen I have learned much about upon my arrival. I'll give you a hint: he was the first man to climb Mt. Everest (along with a Sherpa, fuck I forgot his name).



Sir Edmund Hillary, explorer and humanitarian. Respect.

This weekend I am probably going to go to Raglan. There is a hostel in Raglan that rent's surf boards for cheap, and lends it's kayaks for free if you stay overnight. I know a few people who can teach me how to surf. I'm pretty stoked about it. The following week I may go back to Whakapapa for a 2nd attempt at skiing. The week after that, Lisa, Kel and I are probably going to do one of New Zealand's Great Walks, Lake Waikaremoana. Don't ask me how to say it. I do know, however, that "Wai" means "Water" in Maori, but that's all I know.

In the meantime I'll continue to help with the redesign of the home program for a child labeled autistic. I am currently working on a program to teach toilet and hand washing behavior. Muahahahaha. I'm also doing some baseline collection of problem behavior, etc. Will this experience help me get into Reno? Will I complete my graduate school tasks on time? Stay tuned...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
September 11, 2007 at 6:53 AM  

Tenzing Norgay was the sherpa that assended with hillary.perseverando