Ok, so the title of this post is a little egotistical. But by the looks of it I am pretty damn close to having my shit ready for submission. However, I need your help!
With help from the talented Kristen Gaisford and her father, my personal statement has been through some very picky eyes. You can review it here. Note: it is geared towards WMU specifically, but is easy to change when applying to Reno and that other school out east.
My Curriculum Vita has been through about 15 editing sessions. However, the more eyes, the better. You can view it here.
If you feel like editing either (or both) documents, you can either post a comment with the changes, feedback, etc or e-mail me the document in Track Changes. If you don't know my e-mail address, ask and ye shall receive.
On to the good stuff...
Lately I have been busy, which explains for my lack of communication. However, I have been out doing things that do not concern my computer.
Last Saturday I had one of the craziest adventures in recent memory. 10 of us went caving with some guy who does guided tours for extra cash. However, we did not have to pay this guy a cent, as he was just out to have a good time. With that said we did a 4 1/2 hour cave tour deep in a caving system south of Hamilton that is more than 86 KM long. There were three levels to the cave, each level 15 meters above the next. I saw glow worms, and all sorts of stalactites and stalagmites. On the bottom level, we hiked for 40 minutes through waste deep water as the caverns grew smaller, and smaller, and smaller until we eventually crawled out of a little hole... LIGHT! Yes, you can't appreciate light until it's gone. When we were deep in the cave we sat down, turned our lights off and listened to the dripping water. I waited for my eyes to adjust to the light, as they do in any other sort of dark environment, but of course they never did. Instead, 5 minutes later, I could not see anything. My hand was 1cm in front of my face and I could not tell it was there. I'd go mad if I was trapped without a light...
So that was pretty much a total mind fuck. So, Jim, after that I'd be down for hitting up Mammoth Caves sometime...
Monday, September 17, 2007
My CV and Personal Statement: God's Gift to Man, or Man's Gift to God?
at
12:36 AM
·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment