Monday, October 8, 2007

I'm Always In Love

·

Ah, despite of my rant earlier about how much I hate the logistics that go along with planning a trip for a large group, I have settled down. There are more important things to worry about.

I am currently in the early stages of planning a trip around Tongoriro National Park. It's a 5 way walk that consists of mostly, if not all, volcanic terrain: aka boulders and shit.

I'm not going alone, either. Through a careful cost/benefit analysis I have concluded that it is within my best interest to take a friend (preferably someone with backcountry skill) with me. The weather and the volcanoes themselves are the two biggest threats. As we all know, Mt Ruapehu erupted two weeks ago.

But you've got to do what you've got to do. And what I have to do is hike around and up the volcano.


0 comments: