I just got back from a 4 day kayak trip in Queen Charlotte Sound. Feel free to check it out on The Google, however I can tell you a little bit about it's history if you would like. Captain Cook used one of the outer bays in the sound as a base when he surveyed New Zealand for the Royal Society. The sound also has a rich history of whaling, but of course now that shit doesn't fly, and the sound is home to seals, dolphins, and all sorts of other crazy creatures you would only find in New Zealand (yet another flightless bird, I forgot it's name). The weather was amazing, and the wind was pretty much in our favor except for the last day when we had strong winds that just about flipped me over ...
Last night I dropped Matt and Jordy off at the Picton ferry and said "farewell". Now it's a solo show for 10 or so days until Drew shows up. What am I going to do? Who knows :-)
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Alone in the Land of the Long White Cloud
at
1:37 PM
·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment