They spell it "Fiordland" in NZ just in case you are wondering...
The weather has been misty, foggy, eerie... so nice for a person on their own looking for some time to reflect. That's me, btw...
Yesterday I did a nice, easy 3 hour hike along the shore of Lake Manapouri. I didn't see a soul, and I felt like I had the entire park to myself. It's so crazy to think about how many people don't even get out of their camper vans and experience the unique natural forests and bush of New Zealand. Blows my mind.
I heard about the track from the locals. Maybe that's why... the locals always have the best information, and they know where to go to get away from all of the hullabaloo because they have to do it themselves. The guy who gave me a ride to and from the track on his motor boat was very helpful with things to look out for. When I returned, he said "did you see any fish?" I replied, "No." "Wait," he said, and he drove me 5 minutes down the river where he then pointed out the LARGEST BROWN TROUT I HAVE EVER SEEN. Fucking awesome I'll tell ya. It's the little things like this that make me love New Zealand. The people are so nice and helpful... it just takes a second for them to warm up to you and BOOM BIG FUCKING FISH RIGHT IN YOUR FACE.
Less than 1 month until I come home.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Fiordland Eye Candy
at
9:05 PM
·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Matt your travels sound amazing. Who would have thought you'd turn into our champion hiker? Keep on walking around in those mountains boy, and be sure to tell me the meaning of life, should you come across it anytime soon...
Post a Comment