I went to church today and it was ridiculous, properly wacky.
The pastor (and I'm not even sure if I should call him a "pastor". I really should say "guy who was dressed like he was off the street looking to sell false hope for a happy penny.") placed a generous guilt trip on "you skeptics who are in the room" and "everyone else at home not resurrecting with Christ on a daily basis." Apparently science has no place in big, state-the-art-electronic-ridden-auditoriums with gold plated donation boxes at every exit.
When I go to church I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. As an adult foster care employee it is my job to provide basic rights to clients. One of those rights is the right to worship; I'm more than happy to help them achieve this goal. HOWEVER, organized religion bothers me.
At least it's funny to listen to.
And now that I think about it, I guess someone could classify psychology or science as an organized religion. Fuck...
At least Behavior Analysis is designed to exclude all of the metaphysical and theological explanations for human behavior. We're left with physical, real time, tangible observations. Religion, in the conventional sense, can't provide that. Yet, science is also a framework of observations developed within a larger framework that Man has constructed.
If Man were to constructed a new framework, science would be completely different. And that, my friend, is something to think about...
Apparently there is no longer a Zydeco band in Northern Michigan...
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Church (Is It April 20th Yet?)
at
4:31 PM
·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Zydeko took a poop a long time ago.they just faded into the northern michigan sunset one evening.
That was a crack at the late-great Zach Spaulding, don'tcha know?
Post a Comment