I was at work at the library when I was talking about normal, work related things. Then, one of my co-workers mentioned something about how she got ripped off when she was getting an oil change. Apparently the mechantics realized how stupid she was regarding cars and took full advantage of her. Her bill: $150 for an oil change.
I began to explain how important it is to get a 2nd opinion when it comes to cars so mechanics don't rip you off. I gave the following example: "blah blah blah, so next time the mechanic says, 'you need a new muffler' you may want to ask someone else."
Her response: "What's a muffler?"
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
I left the room and walked around the 3rd floor of Waldo, taking big, calm breaths of air. It's one thing if you don't know how the inside of a car functions, but seriously, "WHAT IS A MUFFLER?" Have you lived inside a hole? I feel like knowing what a muffler is has nothing to do with being mechanical. It's about paying attention to the world around you. And this girl wants to go to med school...
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
So Get This
at
11:42 AM
·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
what's a library?
Post a Comment