I've accumulated 18 of the 750 required hours of supervision to become a BCBA (Board Certified Behavior Analyst), and I'm already exhausted. The track I am taking is the more intense version. For every 10 hours of practicum training, I get 1/2 hour of individual one-on-one supervision (at a minimum). Plus, we meet for one hour each week in a small group (6 MA students and 1 BCBA), and 1 hour per week in a large group (30 MA students and 4 BCBAs). I have a long way to go, no doubt.
In other news, Dr. Malott is opening the Kalamazoo Autism Center. For more info, check out the following links:
Original News Release: http://www.wmich.edu/wmu/news/2008/08/023.html
Radio Interview:
http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/wmuk/news.newsmain?action=article&ARTICLE_
ID=1348899
Article: http://www.autismvox.com/special-needs-daycare-center/
http://wkzonews.blogspot.com/2008/08/special-day-care.html
Dr. Malott is offering quality behavioral training at a fraction of the "normal" cost.
That is all, for now. I've been reading a lot, so I've got some thoughts brewing...
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
A Few Things
at
10:38 PM
·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment