It's summer, which means that my workload is relatively light. Consequently, it's time to make up for lost time with a few hobbies, including writing. Let's hope so...
Anyway, last week I went climbing at the Red River Gorge with Cal, Aeranie, and Eric:
![]() |
| Red River Gorge 2009 |
The trip was great. Not only was the weather fair, but the stone was absolutely amazing. There's something special about the Gorge, mixed with the awesome Kentucky landscape, that makes climbing there a remarkable experience.
I also learned how to trad climb (see above picture) while I was at the Red River Gorge. The main difference between sport climbing and trad climbing is that trad climbing involves placing protection in the rock, such as nuts or spring loaded camming devices, to protect you from a fall, instead of clipping into bolts that have been drilled into the rock (as is the case in sport climbing). In my humble opinion, trad climbing takes things to a new level; it places a higher level of responsibility on the climber, because bad placements could merit catastrophic results. Some of the best routes in the world can only be done using a traditional technique. It is one of my goals for the summer to become a better trad climber, because I will be spending 3 weeks in Yosemite at the end of the summer. Drew and I plan on climbing Royal Arches, a 14 pitch 1,400 foot climb:

Moving on, check out this picture of my new garden:
We have 2 tomato plants, 1 pea plant, and 1 parsley plant. Hopefully the frost is long gone, and that the yeild is plentiful :-)



4 comments:
Nice pictures. Enjoy your climbing this summer.
You forgot to mention the Damontico growing in your garden. Hope all's well. Visit us in CO on your way to Yosemite :)
where is sa living now?
Cool pictures man, looks fun.
Post a Comment