
I think it's about time to bring the blog back.
I'll be traveling soon and I'm sure that someone would like to read about what I am up to.
I'll start where I left off, just talking and ranting like people have never stopped reading:
The semester is slowly coming to an end. The next few weeks signal an end to an exhausting year. For one, I'll be defending my thesis next Saturday (April 14) [click here for an overview of the project]. Next week I will also be presenting the learning procedure I wrote for a child labled autistic to a group of basic practicum students. I'm much more worried about the former, however, because it will not only be in front of my peers, but it will also be in front of Dr. Malott...
I remember 1 year ago when Rick and I went to Dr. Malott's house for the PSY 360 Final Feast. I was shaking in my boots when I met him because his book had exposed me to the applications of behavioral science, applications outside of talk therapy. I nervously asked him about his vintage Ludwig drum set, and before I knew it we were improvising together, as if we had known each other for more than 30 minutes. With much luck I played well and managed to make a great first impression. And now, after working in his lab for the past year, I will argue in favor of the effectiveness of the training materials I have developed. Funny how things progress...
While I was waiting for some pictures to be developed, I drove to the book store in Portage and purchased Lonely Planet's travel guide to New Zealand. This is real, folks. From late June to December I will be out of this country. I will be studying, yes, but you can bet 50 silver that I'll be looking for pieces of the BIG puzzle. But there's so much to do before then...
I should be working. You should be working. Let's get to work.
Saturday, April 7, 2007
The answer is blowing in the wind...
at
11:28 PM
·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
where the heck is new zealand
Post a Comment