Tuesday, May 22, 2007

HSIRB City or Submitting Articles for Publication is a Drag

·

Last semester I had the pleasure of conducting a rewarding and successful behavioral intervention at the Special Collections and Rare Book Room (Western Michigan Libraries). Dr. Steuer, head of Special Collections and Rare Book Room, loved the results and suggested that we prepare and submit an article for publication in a scholarly journal. Publishing is definitely something I am very interested in, but I never knew that it takes so much paperwork before you can actually begin to write the article itself. At the moment I am preparing scores of documents and forms for the Human Subjects Institutional Review Board. We can't do anything without their approval, which won't be hard to get. It's just a bitch covering our assess legally. The good thing is: not many undergraduates get to take part in the HSIRB process, let alone do the whole goddamn thing. This will be a useful skill to have when I conduct my MA or PhD D (Yes, I said it) research. In an ideal world, this will be the first of many publications (if you don't include the coursepack I wrote last semester) by yours truly.

With that in mind, I have finally found something enjoyable to do at work. Booyah.

0 comments: