Wednesday, July 4, 2007

40 Guns

·

Last night I went to see a movie that was being shown by the Hamilton Film Society. The movie, "40 Guns", was an old Western flick. The film was great, but what really got me was the theatre. At the theatre, you order a drink (coffee, tea, or beer) and they bring it to you during the movie. It was so rad.

Today I had international student orientation. It was very long and boring, but I won a $20 gift certificate to the book store. Noooooooice.

Tomorrow I am going skiing. Happy Independence Day to everyone back in the states. Be sure to blow off some Works bombs or something. Everyone at the marina better be sure to find a place on top of the Harbor Master's office (and out of the sight of the city manager).

I have been talking with a few other people about purchasing a car instead of a bus pass. A cheap car would get more more places than a bus pass. For example, a bus will take you to a city, but not to a trailhead. It costs more to get to a trailhead. I would like to go visit some caves down south. It would cost me 50 to get there and back, and another 50 to get shuttled to the caves. With a car, it would only cost me 2 hours worth of gas. You do the math.

Of course, buying a car is something that should be taken very seriously. I think it's the best way to see New Zealand. There are just so many things that I want to do that are hard to get to without a car. Only time will tell I guess...

0 comments: