Today I skied Mnt Whakapapa. It's pronounced Fuck a pa pa. Filthy, eh?
Well, the weather was as crass as the way the name sounds, but when you get right down to it, we were skiing in New Zealand. It can't be that bad, right?
We managed to secure the last few beds at a hostel just outside of the ski resort. It's not a bad place. With a climbing wall and a hot tub, I'm pretty satisfied with the $26 I paid. We just finished making dinner, and I think I'm going to take a quick nap before we go out. There are a few bars within walking distance, and according to the girls at the ski rental at Whakapapa, tonight is bar night.
Because the weather will be worse tomorrow, we will be heading back north. We may visit the cool caves with the glow worms, or perhaps we'll save that for another day. When I get back to school I will be sure to send pictures of the trip. The ride down to Whakapapa was the same land used for the Hobbit village in Lord of the Rings. My goal is to get some awesome pictures of that landscape, hopefully running around with a few sheep.
Thursday, July 5, 2007
Fuck a pa pa
at
12:14 AM
·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment