Today I made my Christmas bookings. "What?" you say? Well, what if I told you that I got the last spot during the holiday season on what has been called the finest hike in the world? "Ahh, no wonder you booked so far in advance."
Say "Hello" to Milford Sound. The Milford Track is something I have been wanting to do ever since I discovered New Zealand. I figured that if I am going to be in New Zealand during Christmas, away from my family, I might as well do the coolest thing possible. So, on December 25 I'll be halfway up a mountain with some of the world's best vistas.
Don't ask me what it costs to do the hike. Let's just say that because it is the finest hike in NZ, it is highly regulated by the government. Boat transportation is needed to reach the trailhead, and to reach the Milford Sound at the end of the hike. Bus transportation is needed from Milford Sound to the nearest town. It will be worth it.
I'm going to rent a car for the latter half of the month of December. It should make things easier.
Monday, July 23, 2007
The Finest Tramp
at
2:02 AM
·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Good for you...This is something that Grandma and I would have don when we were your age.. We never had the chance then,however we been and done most every thing alse.. Well all most ,never drugs etc.. We are back from London, 29/07/07.Will tell you about the trip latter. Grandpa
Post a Comment