Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Miss list

·

What to do, what to do... I think I'll go here this weekend. Yet another overnight backpacking adventure. Nowhere near the shoreline, unfortunately, but I am sure that it will be great.





You Are Gonzo the Great



"Is something burning in here? Oh, it's just me."

You're a total nutball who will do anything for attention.

The first to take a dare, you'll pull almost any stunt.

You're one weird looking creature, but your chickens don't mind!



Well I've been here for over 1 month. I can't believe how fast time is flying by! Before I know it I'll be on my way home... but there is so much to do between now and then. Although the big vacations and trips are great, I am still finding virtue in the little things that come along. Everyday I find something new and exciting about New Zealand. Whether it's a small cafe or some strange words coming out of a Kiwi's mouth, there's always something striking me...

But there are a number of things that I miss. I'm not trying to get sentimental about back home, but I would be crazy not to recognize that there are things I wish were not omitted from my life.

For example, I miss Oberon. Damn, I miss Oberon so much. If anyone wants to send me a case of Oberon, I'll pay for it, along with shipping. Seriously, New Zealand beer is horrible. It's water. I'd rather drink Beast, and that's saying something.

I miss Lake Michigan, August weather, and the change of seasons. There's something about Autumn that amazes me.

Of course, I miss my family and friends, but that goes without saying. Missing Oberon is a small price to pay. I'm sure when I leave New Zealand I will miss many things. I wonder what or who they will be...

0 comments: