Saturday, September 22, 2007

Skydiving: NO, Cool Geological Shit: YES

·

Thermal Fun!


Well the weather in New Zealand was pretty shitty this weekend, making it impossible for me to go skydiving. But alas, sacrifices were made, ideas were pooled, and a weekend adventure was had. A few friends and I went to Rotorua with the intention to check out Zorbing and all of the other "stuff" Rotorua has to offer. Once we arrived at the Zorbing place, we realized that it was a fucking joke and a waste of money. We then checked out a Kiwi bird conservation center, but didn't feel like paying 40 bucks to see a Kiwi bird. I was able, however, to sneak into the Kiwi bird den/layer/whatever the place they live is called, only to find the birds asleep in their cages. Fucking nocturnal birds! I'll tell ya, they really got the ass-end of the evolutionary chain. A flightless bird that only comes out at night...

So the sun went down and we decided to treat ourselves to a killer Thai dinner. Mmmm

The next day (today) we decided to drop 27 bucks and take a walk to the World's Largest Hot Springs. Badass:






But now I'm back in Hamilton working on an assignment. I have a lot of stuff to do before next Wednesday. W00t

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
September 23, 2007 at 7:09 PM  

Hey Matt,

This is Sherri: Saw your website! What the hell is going on Dude??? We miss you but we are so glad that you are having fun. You are having fun right???

Do you know who Sherri is?? Respond, Okay

Anonymous said...
September 23, 2007 at 7:10 PM  

By the way. Why are you skydiving?? That can hurt you!!

Matt said...
September 23, 2007 at 7:26 PM  

Sherri as in my parent's friend or as in my friend's girlfriend? Or both? Hmmmm....

Skydiving can hurt you. So can driving, eating, etc.