In a few weeks I'm going to peace out to New Zealand's South Island. My main question: what do I take?
I don't have much to begin with, but the last thing I would want to do is travel with stuff I don't need. For sure I will be taking the following:
- A 3,000 cubic inch backpack
- A cooking set (stove, 2 titanium pots, gas)
- First aid
- Sleeping bag
- Rain jacket
- Wind pants
- Polypropylene long underwear
- Underwear, wool socks, shorts
- Assorted dry sacks
- A few days worth of rolled oats/other food
- Camera
Basically everything I take when I go hiking. With that, I think I'll carry a smaller, seperate backpack (a book bag) that includes a few extra pairs of socks, underwear, and some sweatpants/hoodie. This bag will contain stuff I can leave in the car when I go hiking/exploring, and if it gets stolen I won't care too much.
My main concern is getting my stuff pilfered. Tourists are targeted big time in New Zealand, and the last thing I want to have happen is be stuck on the South Island with all of my shit taken. With the proper percautions, however, I shouldn't have to worry.
Obliviously, I won't leave valuables in the car.
If anyone has any more ideas, let me know. Or if I'm missing something, please tell me so I can make sure I bring it along.
PS: the sand flies are bad this time of year
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
What Would You Take Along For 2 Months?
at
2:24 AM
·
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
what about a tooth brush and tooth paste, tynol?
Post a Comment