Friday, November 16, 2007

Moving down the west coast

·

Just a quick re-cap: We made it to Christchurch and picked up our rental car. That night we ended up camping in Auther's Pass national park. We stayed at a historic hut just below the snow line. The weather was amazing and the views were better. The next day we headed towards the west coast and hit up two glaciers. We camped on the beach that night, and the next day we hiked in Mt Aspiring National Park and stayed, once again, in an apline hut. Today we hiked down and drove to Wanaka to get some food, pay bills, and take a much needed break. I haven't seen a shower in 6 days, but I was able to cool off in a mountain river earlier today. I imagine that I smell like a dead panther. We'll be heading to Queenstown in a couple days, and from there I have no clue but I can assure you that it will probably be sweet.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
November 17, 2007 at 6:19 PM  

we want photos