Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Am I Neurotic?

·

Yes, I'm going crazy. And it's such a stupid reason... but it's driving me insane and I need to chill. Seriously.

So I've been kicking a shit load of ass so far in school, and I'm quite proud of that. It's been so good that I haven't lost any points, and we've had tests, quizzes, and homework due every day we've had class. One unique thing about this class is that we have to get a 96% (or higher) in our quiz grade to get an A in the class, no matter how well we do in any other area; we could have a 100% in homework and participation, and a 95% in quizzes and I'd have a BA in the class. So, let me set things clear: my quiz grade is my precious little gem. I comfort it, I caress it, and if anything ever happens to it, I become upset and irritated.

Today on my test there were two questions that didn't involve any sort of conceptual mastery of the subject, but were straight "did you read the chapter" type of questions. For example: "What was the behavior experimenters were trying to punish in the study by X and X." And with about 15 different studies in that chapter, all pertaining to punishment... ahhh, fuck, I just couldn't recall. So that brings my quiz grade to a 150/152, a 98.6%.

I need to relax, take a deep breath, and tell myself that this is not the end of the world. If this is the way things are going to go, then I'm going to have a heart attack.

0 comments: