Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Post #265: As Graduate School Approaches, Life is OK

·

It's hump-day and I'm pulling a 12-hour work day, and I feel great because life is good.

The anticipation of graduate school is nipping at my toes. Life is about to change, significantly. It's going to change so much that I will be engaging in Bxs that will be completely incompatible with those I have been doing recently: sleeping in, supervising at HomeLife, and spending quality time with the people who mean the most.

As my time becomes more and more valuable, so will be the moments that I will spend with my friends in the next 2 years; and because of that I am not upset about not getting to see my friends and family. Remember, withholding a reinforcer for a given amount of time increases the value of that reinforcer :-)

The good times are just around the corner. A trip to Isle Royale, a ski vacation in Colorado, and 1 Master's Degree/BCBA certification are just a few things to look forward to in the next 2 years.

Also, I'll be planning a big mission to celebrate my completion of my Master's degree. Stay tuned for more information...

0 comments: