Thursday, July 12, 2007

A slap on the wrist?

·

Last night I was chillin' out in my room reading the Asiatics (110 pages in, thanks Jim). A friend of mine stumbled in and asked me to help her with a costume she had made for some Heros and Villains party downtown. As I was cutting some holes in some cloth, I really didn't take much notice to the fact that she was drinking. With a legal drinking age of 18, it is a very common thing to see around here. At any rate, a few other people came buy and started to admire Sonya's costume, bringing the total number of people in my room to 5. Shortly after, the RA came by and blew her anger load all over the place. Apparently, if you have more than 4 people in a room with at least one person drinking, it is considered a party. So as the policy goes, the incident gets reported to the hall manager that I was hosting a party in my room. At the age of 23, I was helping a friend make a costume, not drinking, and because of the curiosity of a few other people I get pinged for "hosting a party."

I know that I am in someone else's country and that I should abide by their rules... but come on now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
July 13, 2007 at 12:55 PM  

ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law you rebel

Anonymous said...
July 13, 2007 at 5:41 PM  

PARTY ANIMAL YOU.KEEP YOUR NOSE IN THE BOOKS NOT IN THE MUG